Monday, August 23, 2010

Fresh Start

After not running for 4 days, it felt good to run again today.  I bumped up to 3.5 miles today.  I could have gone further, but opted not to since I was starting to feel it a bit in my calves.  Not right away, though.  For the first 2 miles my run felt really good.  And even after that it felt fine, I just knew that I didn't want to cripple myself again.    I heard somewhere that the best training coach is yourself.  Just listen to what your body is telling you.  When it really starts to hurt, just go a little further, then be done.  I don't know if I was at the point of it really hurting, but better safe than sorry.

So we'll see how I feel tomorrow and go from there.  Two of my toes have fresh blisters, but the others have calluses on them now and don't bother me at all.  Last week, when I ran two days in a row, the blisters didn't bother me at all on the second day, so hopefully I'll be able to do another 3.5 miles tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment