Friday, October 22, 2010

Two Weeks!

Only 2 more weeks until the Amish Half Marathon! I feel ready for it. I ran 12 miles today and felt good during the run. Now, two hours after finishing, I'm feeling a bit tired and slightly sick in the stomach. I didn't post this last week after finishing, but I think I had a case of hyponatremia set in. That's when your body is depleted of electrolytes. I got pretty sick. Today, I feel slightly sick, but nowhere close to what I felt last week. I've been pumping the electroyltes, just not enough I guess. I need to make sure I tank up before and after running.

Next week I'll drop back to 8 miles for my long run. That should seem easy compared to what I did today. I'm just amazed that I've been able to run these long distances. A year ago, I never would have guessed that I'd be running like I am today.

I've also noticed that as I'm increasing the mileage of my long runs, my feet are getting a few more blisters. Nothing too bad, and the ones I got last week have toughened up, so I'm sure the ones I got today will do the same. And since I'm only doing 8 miles next week, I shouldn't get any new ones. Now off to enjoy the weekend and my recovery days!

No comments:

Post a Comment