Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oops...I Did It Again...

Ok, so my 8 mile run turned into a 9 mile run. An interesting fact about Hershey, PA and Google Maps. Not all of the roads on Google Maps actually exist in the real world. Not a big deal, I just need to do a bit of verification of my long runs before I actually do them. Since I don't run on Thursdays, I can take some time over lunch to drive my route for the next day.

As far as my run last Friday, it felt really good. I was able to keep a slower pace (9 minute miles) and by the end of the run felt great. I have a few more weeks before my half marathon, 24 days to be exact, and I feel like I will be ready for it.

For my long run this week, I could do exactly what I did this past Friday, or I could do my 5 mile loop twice. Not sure yet what I'll do. I may just bump up my long runs between now and the half by an extra mile since I know I can do it and it will put me more on par for the half. If so, then it's 10 miles this Friday!

I've had a few people ask me about the weather and what I'll do if it's bad. As long as it's not blistery cold (I've run in 35 degree weather already), I'll keep running outside. I got some warmer weather gear that I'm sure I'll be able to test out soon enough. For now, I'm enjoying the nice fall weather I've been getting. Forecast for Friday: Chance of rain, high of 60. Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment