Friday, October 29, 2010

One More Week

One week until the big race! I ran 8 miles today and managed to push myself pretty hard. I brought my pace down from a 9 minute mile to a 8.5 minute mile! And the best part? It felt really good to open it up a bit more. There were a couple of spots along my run that I was running uphill and head on into the wind, and I know that affected my performance. I know that I may have those things to deal with on race day, but it's still nice to start to feel and see the effects of my training.

On a side note, I really need to figure out something with my ear buds I use to listen to music. I fight with them a lot on my run, trying to keep them in my ears. I may just ditch them on race day unless I can figure out something during next week's short runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment