Monday, October 18, 2010

Double Digits

I have made it into double digits for my running distance. I ran 10 miles on Friday and it felt good! Aside from a slight hydration/electrolyte imbalance afterwards, I felt great. A lot of it is a mental thing. But knowing I have the ability to run 10 miles sure encourages me to keep going.

When I started this blog, I did so because I wanted to document the whole barefoot running experience. And I realize that I haven't written much about actually running barefoot. I think that's just because I don't think about it. It just seems natural. I don't have any problems with my feet (other than some muscle soreness), knees, legs or back. I've been focused on the thrill of running long distances and the fact that I can do it!

Running has lots of other benefits as well. Weight loss for one. I started exercising at the beginning of this year just with a goal of losing some weight and becoming healthier. I set a weight goal for myself. I reached that goal several months ago and have just kept going. Since the beginning of the year I have lost of total of 40 pounds (my goal was to lose 25)!

I'm grateful that God has given me the ability to do that and for my wife who has helped by supporting me in my running adventures and is cooking me healthy and yummy meals! Thanks, April, you're the best!

Another big week this week...less than 3 weeks until the half-marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment