Friday, September 24, 2010

Oops...

So I learned something today on my long run. Not all of the roads in and around Hershey have street signs. That was true of the one street that I was supposed to turn on. A wrong turn today took me on a 8.5 mile run instead of just 7. Not too bad. I didn't run the whole thing. After about 4 miles in I knew I had missed my turn, so I took a brief walking break. Not because I couldn't keep running (although it was pretty hot today), but because I didn't know how far I was going to end up going, so I wanted to try to conserve a bit of energy and not overdo it.

I always have my cell phone with me for my music and I was about ready to call somebody. But then I got back on track and just kept going. So next week's 5 mile run should seem easy compared to today!

No comments:

Post a Comment