Wednesday, September 29, 2010

An Easy Week

My training schedule is pretty easy this week. It's nice, yet it's hard to resist the temptation to keep going because I know I can. But I've been good and managed to stick to my schedule. I know in the long run it will help me.

For today's short run I bumped up my pace a good bit. I have been running my long runs at a 9 minute mile pace. It was nice to know that I could bump that up and sustain it for the short distance. I know that will help train my muscles and make me faster. For most of my run today, I ran at an 8.5 minutes per mile pace. Then for the last half of a mile I bumped it up to a 7.5 minute mile. It felt good to open it up at the end. Hopefully it's doing some good and I'll be able to improve my long run pace over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment