Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Must Be Crazy

Someone suggested that I look into the Amish Half Marathon in Lancaster this fall. It includes a half-marathon, 5k and 1 mile run. A few weeks ago, I thought that I'd probably just do the 5k. When I actually looked into it to see when it is, I saw that it is November 6th. According to my training schedule my long run is supposed to be 11 miles that week.

So I did what any crazy person would do. I said, "what's another 2 miles?" and signed up for the half marathon. It's Saturday, November 6th at 8am in Bird-In-Hand, PA.

http://www.usrahm.com/Events/amish.htm

So if anyone wants to come out and watch (although there's not a whole lot to watch other than the start and finish), I'd appreciate it. Thanks to my wonderful wife April for changing her weekend plans so that I could do this! It's a little scary to think that I'll be running a half-marathon in 6 weeks, yet kind of exciting at the same time! So I've added another countdown for this one as well. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment