Monday, February 21, 2011

Just For Fun?

Yeah, so that "just for fun" option of bumping up to 12 miles didn't happen. I didn't want to push myself too hard. It's hard enough to gear myself up mentally for those long runs without putting any extra miles on just for fun. But I'm going to try 18 miles this Friday, so we'll see how it goes. But I'm getting ahead of myself...

Friday's 10-mile run was great. It was 65 degrees and partly sunny. Running outside in shorts and a t-shirt felt great. But somewhere around 6 or 8 miles my right knee started giving me some problems. By the end of my run, it was pretty stiff. Later that day, I could barely walk...mostly because I sat down at my desk for the rest of the afternoon and it tightened up even more. I put some ice on it that night and by Saturday morning I didn't even think of it until the first time I tried to go down some stairs. It wasn't painful, just a dull ache.

Today I ran 4 miles and it was as if nothing had ever happened. I didn't feel a thing. Maybe it has something to do with running outside for the first time in a couple months. So we'll see how this Friday goes. And, if all goes well, I'll be registering for the marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment