Monday, February 7, 2011

Back On

Last week I made an effort to get back on track with my training. After all, the Garden Spot marathon is only 60 days away. I'm right on schedule, so as long as my muscles didn't forgot how to run long distances, I should be ok. I ran 10 miles last Friday and didn't really have any muscle soreness or anything that would indicate I shouldn't keep going. So this week I'm going to try 16 miles and see how it goes. If all goes well with that, then I should be in good shape to register for the race.

I need to prepare myself mentally again. Running 10 miles last Friday was very helpful with that. Especially since I ran those 10 miles on a treadmill. Not very exciting. And with all the snow on the ground, I don't think I'll be running outside this week either.

No comments:

Post a Comment