Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm (Halfway) Out

Well, I'm kind of disappointed, but I won't be doing the marathon on April 9th. My problem with my knee surfaced again this past Friday, this time after about 12 miles. The muscles just tightened up and it became incredible painful to run. Needless to say, I didn't complete my 18-mile run on Friday. I had to quit at 16 miles.

I think that because I didn't get back on my training schedule as soon as I should have after my surgery in December. Mostly because I was just not motivated for some reason. I guess I got lazy. Then, when I did decide to jump back into my training, I didn't ease into the long distances and I pushed myself too hard.

So I registered for the half-marathon on that day instead. I'm looking forward to that and hopefully will be able to improve on my time from last fall. I'm disappointed, but I also know that I have a lot to be proud of and thankful for. After all, running 13 miles in a half-marathon is still a pretty good acomplishment. And if I can knock a few minutes off of my time from last fall, I'll be thrilled.

The countdown is on...only 39 days! So if you're not doing anything Saturday, April 9th, the race starts at 8am and I should finish somewhere in the 9:45-10am range. For full details, see http://www.gardenspotvillagemarathon.org .

No comments:

Post a Comment