Thursday, December 23, 2010

Back To It

Yesterday was my first day running since surgery. It was 2 weeks since the last time I ran. I was a little worried that some of my muscles would have weakened and that I'd be in some serious pain if I ran to far (remember that first trek out in my Vibram's?) So I had planned on walking a bit and then just pounding out 1 mile and calling it a day. But I felt so good after 1 mile, I kept going for another 2. So 3 miles yesterday and it felt pretty good. I wasn't wearing my heart rate monitor, but I think my heart rate might have been slightly elevated for the pace that I was running, but I know that won't take long to come back down, so I'm not worried about it.

So I'll take it easy this week and next week, then try to figure out where in my training schedule to jump back in for the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment